Sunday, December 20, 2009

District F Championship - Part 6 of 6

Final Thoughts.

Another reason it took time to make my final posts is I wanted some distance from the sting of not winning 1st place. That disappointment surprised me. I guess the competitive fire that burned hot during my windsurfing competition days of yore is still as intense now as it was then.

I consider myself a better evaluator than before I started this journey. In fact, it has unexpectedly led to a sales speech coaching opportunity! It shows you just never know...

It's been a great journey and I hope my documenting it will be of aid in your evaluations. It has been pointed out to me that I've just made it harder for me to compete for next year by sharing. However, my 19 year career as a software developer and 3 years of windsurfing competition has ingrained in me the belief that you become better when your compeitition gets better. It is my hope to compete against some of you in the 2010 District F Speech Evaluation Contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment